When you love your kitchen, you’ll want to spend more time in it. Get inspired by recipes from our very own “Mama Leeber,” who has put together some of her favorite summertime dishes for you to enjoy. Try one (or all) of these recipes at your next gathering:
Sausage and Peppers
Preheat oven to 450° F
- 2 packages of hot or sweet Italian sausage (8 links to a pack)
- 4 peppers (2 red 2 green) sliced (not too thin)
- 2 onions sliced (not too thin)
- 2 potatoes cut up (optional)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of parsley (use fresh if on hand)
- One beef bouillon cube
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp of McCormick steak seasoning
Bake Italian sausage links in a 450° F Oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cut links into quarters. Add peppers, onions, potatoes, (if using) onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, McCormick seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste, bouillon cube dissolved in water, and tomato sauce.
Put back in the oven and continue baking 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- 3 – 4 tomatoes chopped (Plum)
- ½ Onion (red onion or sweet white) Diced
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- ¼ Fresh Parsley (can use dried)
- ¼ cup Olive oil (regular not extra Virgin)
- Dash of Balsamic vinegar (Or Italian dressing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One loaf of Italian bread
- Olive oil (regular not extra Virgin)
- Tomato salad (See Summer spaghetti)
Mix all tomato salad ingredients together and chill. Cook 16 oz of your favorite pasta and top with tomato salad. Serve with Garlic Bread!
To prepare bruschetta, slice Italian bread into 1-inch rounds and toast under broiler or in a regular oven at 450° F. Once toasted, brush olive oil on each side. Spoon tomato salad on the top. Mangia!
No Bake Cheesecake
- 1 ready graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries (or canned)
Beat cream cheese until smooth then gradually beat in sugar. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping and blend well. Spoon mixture into crust. Chill until set. At least 4 hours. Top with fruit.